There is no cure for suicide – Prevention is the key.
Remember that I share information but if you are in crisis please, call the help line. You know your situation best. Make the call and start down the rode to healing.
Someone special to me loss a friend to suicide. She shared this link and information. I agree with her, We are stronger together.
Facebook link to the US national Suicide Hotline.
If you would like to speak to a counselor, help is available 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255. You can also find self-care tips and other information by visiting our website at suicidepreventionlifeline.org.
After another death lost to suicide, I have to be honest. Those that suffer from traumatic brain injury often struggle with erratic emotions that have physical causes. Self care is vital. Now is not all it ever will be. On bad days I have six steps to go through.
1. Hydrate. The brain can’t do what it is supposed to if it is not hydrated.
2. When did I last eat? Blood sugars influence brain chemistry.
3. Go for a walk. Even ten minutes of fresh air help. If you don’t want to talk to people, wear headphones.
4. Make contact. Animals, people, plants- use what helps you find connection.
5. Service. Some days I will hurt no matter what, find a way to help someone else. It doesn’t have to be big.
6. Ten things I am grateful for. On really bad days that can be anything from the sun to pain relievers and a great doctor.
– I have a safety plan. I have good supports, and a great therapist. Big hugs. If you need help making your own plan, I am here to help and direct you to some incredible resources. We are stronger together.